The 5 Best Weight Bench Reviews – Our Top Picks & Buyer’s Guide
- 1 Best Weight Bench 2018 – Our Top Picks!
- 1.1 Weight Bench Reviews 2018 – Our Top Recommendations!
- 1.2 #1 Blowflex SelectTech 5.1 Weight Bench
- 1.3 #2 PowerBlock Sport Bench
- 1.4 #3 Ironmaster Super Bench
- 1.5 #4 XMark Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Bench
- 1.6 #5 Marcy Adjustable Utility Bench SB670
- 1.7 Weight bench – An Introduction and Buying Guide
- 1.8 Why Use a Weight Bench
- 1.9 Summing Up
With the start of a new year, are you looking to get into better shape with smart work out? Get yourself a sturdy weight bench right away!
Weight benches are familiar equipment in the gym but can be equally useful for one’s home exercise session too. You will find a number of brands in the market, so much that selecting the right one that will make your fitness routine comfortable can be very overwhelming. Comfort is the priority when you decide to purchase a weight bench, and of course, safety.
So we have done our extensive research in helping you decide the best weight bench in the market for your workout sessions that are not just comfortable but also efficient and extremely relaxing to workout on.
Best Weight Bench 2018 – Our Top Picks!
We have done an extensive research on the best weight benches available in the market and here are our top recommendations for you:
Weight Bench Reviews 2018 – Our Top Recommendations!
- Transform any space into a personal free weight fitness center
- Adjusts to six different positions, 17-degree decline to 90-degree incline
- Comes with a removable leg hold-down brace for added decline position support
- Corrects posture and stabilizes positioning for a safe, muscle-building free-weight workout
- 30-Year warranty on frame, one-year warranty on upholstery
It comes with a removable leg hold-down brace for added decline position support. It corrects postures and stabilizes positioning for a safe, muscle building free-weight workout. It comes with a 30-year warranty on frame, and a one-year warranty on upholstery.
It is designed with adjustable bars, grips, and pads, which will guide and limit your muscles to reduce chances of injuries. It is one of the most affordable and adjustable benches that you can find in the market at present. You can use this simple device to replace most of your exercise machines in your home.
Its free-weight design helps for excellent muscle building results. It is used for over 30-different exercises and adjusts to over 6-different positions. It is equipped to correct your postures and stabilize your position. If you’re interested in taking control
of your physical health, the BlowFlex SelectTech 5.1 can be a fantastic investment for you.
The ability of this weight bench to transform any given space into an experimental fitness center makes it space efficient device. A strength-building equipment, this weight bench provides a smooth, consistent resistance through the entire range of motion, a principal ingredient in providing and developing lean and strong muscle.
- Our rating: 5-stars
- Dimension: 56’’L x 26’’W x 20’’H
- Built-in wheels
- Made of commercial quality steel
- 30-years frame warranty, 1-year upholstery warranty
- 6-different positions – starting from 17-degree decline to 90 degree incline
- The gap in the bench where it folds up can be uncomfortable for some people.
- Separate seat and back pad adjustment
- 5 position back pad adjustment
- Optional dip attachment available
- 550 LB weight capacity
It can adjust from flat trough 30, 45 and 60 degrees to the military position. It’s a pleasure to use it, as it is very comfortable, easily adjustable, stable, solid and yet attractive. If you get the urge to splurge and want to accessorize it later on that too will not be a problem. The seats can be set flat or even angles with ease as per your workout needs.
The design is pretty sleek in the front, though a little tapered in the back for a good support. The handle in the front of the bench can be held to wheel it from one place to the other. The PowerBlock Sports Bench has 5 different positions and has a bit of a decline at the back to make it flat and do decline exercises.
The seat is adjustable and is extremely easy to use as there aren’t a lot of parts and can be easily put together. With its 550lbs weight capacity, the body is made of solid steel to keep you safe during your workouts.
- Our rating: 4.6 stars
- Seat can be set angled, or flat.
- Dimensions: 51’’L x 16’’W x 18’’H
- Weight Capacity: 550lbs
- 5 position backpack adjustment
- The bar securing the back position is does not have a solid locking system to keep it secure.
- Super heavy duty 1000lb rated
- Quickly adjust to 11 angles from decline to upright!
- Optional attachments add even more versatility
- Perfect for dumbell, Smith machine, cage or rack use
The Superbench has 11 lock out angles: inclines, declines, flat and upright – 0, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 85 degrees. Having this many angles to choose from makes it a great option. Why are more angle options better? Here’s an example: you can use the angles to help increase your shoulder press.
The Superbench comes with a 44’’ x 10’’ x 3’’ heavy-duty pad with stitched vinyl upholstery. It has one solid flat pad, unlike other flat/incline/decline benches with two separate pads. This bench is built to last and has a 10-year warranty. It has an ultra stable strong platform in all positions yet it is easy to move and move.
The stability of the bench only comes to question when using the chin-up bar attachment; the bench slightly moves while doing pull-ups, otherwise, it is rock solid. The simplicity of the seat design is amazing.
The best part of the super bench is the multiple adjustments that the bench provides with an easy-to-use spring-loaded lever. The bench is versatile, with many angle settings, seat positions, and especially with all the possible attachments. Just buy a pair of dumb bells and this weight bench with all the attachments and you have a pretty well-equipped home gym. This is a commercial gym quality bench at a reasonable price.
- Our rating: 4.5 stars
- 11 lock out angles
- 44’’ x 10’’ x 3’’ heavy-duty pad
- Easy to use spring-loaded lever
- 10-year warranty
- The height of the bench is higher than most other benches that can be a little comfortable for some.
- With a 1500 lb. weight capacity, the XMark Adjustable FID dumbbell bench offers unbeatable comfort and durability.
- From decline to military press position, this FID bench offers a 7 position adjustable back pad coupled with an ergonomically designed 3 position seat.
- Extra thick 3" Duracraft padding covered in sweat and tear resistant Duraguard vinyl and a foot hold down bar complete the package giving you the most sturdy and effective bench around.
The padding is thick and durable and even ergonomically designed for exhaustive use, comfort and support. It might be a little more expensive than most entry-level weight benches but its features make it a valuable buy. It has 7-ladder back adjustments from decline to upright military positions. It’s ultra-thick 3’’ Duracraft cushion makes it tear-resistant, extremely comfortable and fully adjustable.
The best feature about this weight bench is that it comes with a lifetime warranty. The entire body of steel construction is scratch resistant and easily adjustable. This feature-rich equipment is a superior adjustable workout bench that provides unparalleled flexibility to it users in terms of exercise options. With 7 workout levels, this adjustable workout bench stands out from other options in this price range. The ergonomic 3-position adjustable seat is coupled with sweat and tear resistant Duraguard Vinyl and a foot holds down bar.
- Our rating: 4 stars
- Dimensions: 60’’L x 22.50’’W x 50.5’’ H
- Foot Hold Down Bar
- Weight capacity: 1500lbs
- 7 workout levels
- 7 ladder back adjustments
- Lifetime warranty
- The unit is overall quite heavier compared to other weight benches in this price range.
- GREAT FOR A FULL-BODY WORKOUT - The adjustable utility bench from Marcy is ideal for working out and building up the muscles in your chest, shoulders, back, abs, and more. It's a great unit for a full-body workout, whether you're at home or at the gym.
- DELUXE-BOXED UPHOLSTERY -This utility bench is made from premium-quality materials. It has a powder-coated steel frame with high-density foam in black and white upholstery. This keeps your body secured and supported during light or intense workouts alike
The back seat and wide for larger folks but you don’t sacrifice on any stability in the process, as the feet are broad and hungry for the floor. The fact that they have been able to pack all these features in an affordable bench makes it the best budget weight bench out there and our choice as “most affordable”.
As the weight capacity of this weight bench is 300lbs, it is more suited as an entry-level bench. Its high-density foam pad has 6-positions adjusts from flat to decline to incline. It has the ability to fold flat for easy storage.
The Marcy Adjustable Utility Bench SB670 is flat and extremely comfortable and its powerfully flat bench makes exercises of all kinds an amazing ease. The sturdy utility bench and boxed upholstery give you an efficient workout session for your chest area, upper body, abs, and shoulder. This is deluxed-bench comes with 14 gauge steel to give you stability in your fitness routine.
If you’re considering a power pact in weight benches but at an affordable price, we suggest, you give this simplistic yet easy-to-handle bench a shot. With its durability, comfortable features and affordability, the Marcy Adjustable Utility Bench SB670 is a value for money!
- Our rating: 4.2 stars
- Dimensions: 52’’L x 25’’ W x 46.5’’H
- Weight capacity: 300lbs
- High density foam pad
- 6 position adjustment
- The weight capacity of 300lbs makes it on the lower options.
Weight bench – An Introduction and Buying Guide
Let’s start with the brief insight on why a weight bench is advantageous to your workout needs and what points should you consider before buying one for yourself. So here you go:
Safety: As we have mentioned above, safety is very crucial to your fitness routines. For instance, weight benches, which offer rack, are way more comfortable than the ones without it. This is because a weight bench with a rack helps to create a safety catch that can be very safe while you opt to workout with heavy weights, even in your home space.
Accommodation: Isn’t it really comfortable when you can adjust the bench you are working out on as per your height, what better, even adjust the inclination as per your need. Good quality weight benches even come with back pad angle adjustments, so that you can engage in different exercises with ease.
Standard: Always remember that when you decide to purchase a weight bench, make sure to check the quality of the bench. This is because this will have an impact on your workout safety as well as adjustability. When we say standard, we mean a high-end quality product that is sturdy and made of premium quality material.
Dimensions: Consider that you are a guy of 6 feet height and your weight bench cannot fit you in properly as it is shorter, won’t you have trouble working out? Make sure to measure the dimensions of the weight bench before buying to get an idea of what will complement your workout and what will not.
Utilization Capacity: Regardless of how pricey or high quality your weight bench is said to be, you should always consider that you would need some weight to use with it. So what do you do about it? For instance, if your weight bench comes with a barbell, you should consider the length of the barbell being compatible with the rack.
Warranty: This is, in general, an important consideration when you plan to buy any equipment for your personal use or even otherwise. Always buy a product that is backed with manufacturer warranty. How else do you rate a product good otherwise?
Why Use a Weight Bench
Now that you know what considerations to keep in mind while buying for yourself a weight bench and even better, we have put in a lot of hard work to bring to you an accurate data of five of the best weight benches in the market, so let’s move on to make you a little more knowledgeable about why a weight bench is an important fitness equipment.
- Although not really a machine, It is impossible to think of a fitness routine without a well-grounded, reliable and effective weight bench. Precisely if you are targeting different muscles, a weight bench will give you infinite options for effective exercises.
- With the help of a weight bench you can do up to a dozen different exercises focusing mostly on your chest area, and upper body. Not just that, if you thought it is only a sitting apparatus, it can surprise you with its multiple purposes. You can use it for step-ups, push-ups and core exercises making it extremely effective for usage in the gym.
- The most important usage of having a weight bench is that while you do your workout, it helps in keeping your posture straight thereby improving your stability and strengthening your lower back muscles.
We hope the information has helped you tremendously in narrowing down on your best option. Buying the right weight bench can be a difficult task most precisely if you are not very well acquainted with which kind of benches are good which are not, which is suitable for you and which are not. We have given you detailed accounts of our top picks and kept it very precise so that your understanding of the same can be crisp and well aware. We hope our factors, considerations, and research adds value to your buying guide because the informative knowledge you gain with us, you will not find elsewhere.
With the start of a new year, are you looking to get into better shape with smart work out? Get yourself a sturdy weight bench right away! Weight benches are familiar equipment in the gym but can be equally useful for one’s home exercise session too. You will find a number of brands in the market, so much that selecting the right one that will make your fitness routine comfortable can be very overwhelming. Comfort is the priority when you decide to purchase a weight bench, and of course, safety.