Best Elliptical Machines 2018 – Elliptical Reviews and Comparisons
- 1 Best Elliptical Machines – Our Top Picks
- 2 Elliptical Machine Reviews 2018 – Our Top Recommendations!
- 3 #1 Best Elliptical Machine: Sole Fitness E95
- 4 #2 Proform 14.0 CE Elliptical
- 5 #3 Exerpeutic Aero Air Elliptical
- 6 #4 Body Flex Body Champ Dual Trainer BRM 3671
- 7 #5 Schwinn 430 Elliptical
- 8 #6 Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer
- 9 Factors for Choosing the Best Elliptical Machine
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Use Elliptical Machines for Exercise
- 11 Mistakes to Avoid While Using an Elliptical Machine
- 12 Wrap-up Elliptical Machines
Elliptical machines can help you to grow your aerobic capacity without putting a lot of impact on joints. There are more than 10 new best elliptical machines being introduced in the market by various fitness equipment companies and a lot of these new elliptical machines has some or the other innovative and advanced features.
That being said, if you pick any random elliptical machine and start working out, there are chances that you’ll face injuries such as lower back pain, knee pain etc.
Best Elliptical Machines – Our Top Picks
We have spent more than 7 months researching about every other elliptical machine out there and have recommended some of the best elliptical machines available in the market according to different price points.
Elliptical Machine Reviews 2018 – Our Top Recommendations!
After careful testing of several elliptical machines from some of the top brands in the market, here are our picks for the best 4 elliptical machines that you can lay your hands on.
#1 Best Elliptical Machine: Sole Fitness E95
- Elliptical machine provides challenging cardio workout, supported by blue, backlit LDC display that helps you track essential training data
- Power adjustable stride with 20-to-22-inch maximum stride length; six standard programs, two custom programs, and two heart rate programs
- Pulse grip and chest strap heart rate monitoring and includes heart rate chest strap; LCD console with nine-inch display; ECB resistance, built-in fan, and 15-inch pedals; includes sound system and water bottle holder
The E95 includes a high-quality flywheel weighing 34-lb that allows you to get the right balance of stability and momentum. We were pleasantly surprised to see how silently the machine runs in both forward and reverse elliptical actions. You get to fully customize the ramp angle that goes up to 40 degrees from being completely level with the ground. Being able to work our muscles without crunching our knees due to heavy impact is not something we are used to from average elliptical machines, but the E95 is extremely comfortable and we were taken aback by how seamless the operation is.
The trainer comes with a 9” LCD display that allows you to monitor things like the total distance you’ve covered, workout duration, incline information, body resistance, heart rate, calories burnt and speed.
The E95 trainer offers a lot more than just leg workouts. You will be able to work your whole upper body thanks to the ergonomic vertical bars included in the machine. There are multiple custom designed grips that allow you to exercise comfortably and control the incline and resistance using the handles. There is a multitude of sensors that allow you to track your bodily functions at any point in time. The hands-free pulse monitor makes it very easy to achieve cardio and pulse goals that you set for yourself.
The E95 comes with largely cushioned foot pads that enhance the ergonomic design of the trainer. Leg strain was nearly nonexistent when we rigorously tested the product and we suffered no form of ankle pain or strain despite long periods of exercising. This is where the E95 stands out from other elliptical machines since it allows you to avoid any form of exercise burnout while training. The machine was designed with the help of physical therapists and it’s easy to understand why the product commands such a large price tag. It is truly the best product in its class and at this price range.
- Elliptical trainer with inertia-enhanced 20-pound flywheel for smooth resistance
- iFit Live mode uses Google Maps software to simulate terrain throughout the world
- 18 built-in workout programs; power adjustable incline from 10 to 25 percent
- iPod-compatible music port with 2-inch speakers; CoolAire workout fan
- 300-pound capacity; oversized, cushioned pedals; lifetime frame warranty
- iFit WIFI compatible
If you are someone who enjoys intense workouts then this is the right product for yourself. The low impact that the machine has in terms of causing fatigue and strain is quite impressive. We were able to work out on the machine for long durations without feeling any sort of discomfort. The iFit Wi-Fi compatibility is a neat addition to the feature pool to help synchronize with fitness apps.
There are 18 built-in apps that are designed with the help of certified trainers. The frictionless resistance system is highly impressive and it automatically adjusts itself based on your workout, which is something you will not get on lower priced elliptical machines. The machine operates very smoothly and the resistance system does not suffer from any kind of friction.
One thing we do not like about a lot of elliptical machines at this price segment is the fact that the pedals are not comfortable enough, but it’s not the case with the Proform 14.0 CE. The cushioned pedals are generously large and the product is designed with comfort and stability in mind. There is an inbuilt sound system that allows you to listen to music while exercising and there are plenty of sound customization options built-in as well to get you a rich experience while you work out.
You can choose from 14 resistance options and customize your regimen based on your needs. The product is designed to help you achieve great results through the regular workout and we are extremely impressed by how the machine performs.
2 used from $71.28
- Compact elliptical trainer with adjustable strap tension and workout computer
- Natural elliptical motion reduces stress on joints; large pedals with ridges prevent foot slippage
- Dual-action workout arms provide an upper body workout
- Easy dial tension adjustment for more or less of a challenge
- LCD display indicates distance, calories burned, elapsed time, and speed; one year warranty
The machine allows you to stride in backward motions and the ability to change up your session using the arm bars allows you to exercise any muscle group at all. Magnetic resistance mechanisms in the machine allow you to adjust the workout using the dial.
The machine operates very quietly and you can exercise without worrying about waking up everyone at home. Despite the price point, the elliptical comes with a very nice LCD display that allows you to check your progress. While you will not get access to all of the fancy features that a lot of other expensive products have to offer, the Aero Air has all the essential features covered. It is definitely a product that you should consider for toning your muscles and getting the right dose of cardio every day.
The product is extremely compact and the low footprint makes the Aero Air a space saver. If you are short on exercise space, this is the perfect companion for your exercise needs. The transportation wheels and light weight presents its case even further for anyone who is looking for a small exercise tool that can be stored away when not in need.
- Our rating: 4 stars
- 8-levels of resistance
- Built-in transport wheels
- Weight capacity: 250lbs
- LCD display for displaying workout data
- Dimensions: Height: 46 inches
- Width: 19 inches
- Length: 33 inches
- 12” stride might not be enough for taller people.
2 used from $188.68
- TWO IN ONE PATENTED TECHNOLOGY DESIGN provides versatile functions as both an Elliptical Trainer and Upright Exercise Bike
- HASSLE-FREE ADJUSTMENTS to switch from mode-to-mode and includes workout DVD to guide you through the exercises
- DELUXE PROGRAMMABLE LCD CONSOLE features 12+ preset workout programs including: heart rate driven programs and preset training circuits
- TWO WAY ADJUSTABLE SEAT for optimum workout position and biomechanics to maximize movement and comfort (horizontal and vertical adjustability)
The elliptical machine offers users a wide variety of exercises and during the time we tested the BRM 3671, it has been a blast seeing how much variety it offers for a budget-friendly model. There are 12 programmed workouts that you can take advantage of and this quiet, compact machine will help you do it all. Maintaining cardio fitness has never been this easy and being able to get a high-quality hybrid elliptical machine without needing to break the bank are all most users can ask for.
The LCD display allows you to choose from a range of exercise options and multiple sensors are included to monitor your heart rate, pulse and it also keeps track of workout statistics.
- Our rating: 4 stars
- 16-levels of resistance
- 4 built-in workout programs
- LCD display with real time feedback
- Dimension: Height: 39 inches
- Width: 23.5 inches
- Length: 13 inches
- The ability to incline is missing in the machine, which may be a deal breaker if it’s important to you.
- Dual track two LCD window system allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks
- Schwinn Connect goal tracking and data export keep you up to date on reaching your fitness goals
- 22 programs, 2 user settings and goal tracking are all there to keep you motivated and challenged
- 20 levels of resistance aligned with a high speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel make every workout smooth and quiet
With its dual track monitoring system, you can watch movies on your iPad or read on your Kindle while also charging the device. The monitor also provides motivation through every workout with 22 preset exercise programs.
There are 2 user settings and goal tracking to measure your workout progress. What is really great is that you will never outgrow this machine because as your fitness level increases, you can choose from the 20 levels of resistance – the quietest and smoothest resistance available.
When it comes to comfort this elliptical has it all. There are a 20 inches fixed precision stride, which is the standard stride length. There is a large foot place to position your feet; along with a 3-speed cooling fan that can keep you cool even through intense workouts, further with transport wheels for easy movement. Ergonomically placed heart rate sensors mean that you can also get a quick check to make sure that you’re in the optimum fat burning zone for the best results possible.
The Schwinn 430 has many other inbuilt accessories like the water bottle-holder, speakers and MP3 player input, and a tablet or book holder.
- Our rating: 3.8 stars
- 20 levels of magnetic resistance
- 20 preset workout programs
- Dual track monitoring system
- Weight capacity: 300lbs
- Dimensions: 70.1’’L x 28.2’’W x 63.2’’H
- Underpowered system
- Cooling fan doesn’t direct the air shaft
3 used from $80.00
- Use sitting or standing
- Adjustable tension to control workout intensity level
- Reverse-Motion foot pedals can be worked in a forward or reverse direction to target your lower body in different ways
- Electronic fitness monitor displays number of strides per minute, total number of strides, exercise time, and calories burned; or scan through all stats
- Textured pedals; Sturdy steel construction; Non-slip endcaps
The Stamina In-Motion provides strong construction and durability so you are able to enjoy a perfect workout for a long period of time. It is a value for money product with a fair range of resistance levels, and the lack of handles forces you to engage your core muscles to maintain your workout balance.
It’s electronic monitor tracks time, distance, and calories burnt. It targets the lower body with forward and reverse foot pedal movements, and also offers adjustable tension control to increase or decrease resistance levels.
- Our rating: 3 stars
- Weight capacity: 250lbs
- 1-year frame warranty, 90 days parts warranty
- Dimensions: 21’’L x 14’’ W x 14’’H
- Sturdy steel construction
- Affordable workout equipment
- Lightweight and easy to move
- The elliptical trainer has a very short stride
Factors for Choosing the Best Elliptical Machine
With a variety of features on board, modern day elliptical machines are able to tailor fit workout regimens for you based on your needs. Onboard computers allow you to track all of your progress and keep yourself fit. When we choose our elliptical machines we feel these three factors are the most important deciding factors for our purchases:
- Elliptical Computers
- Pre-programmed workouts
There are other factors that affect our purchase decisions as well for getting the best workout experience using elliptical machines. Simple things that a lot of buyers might tend to miss out on are actually the most important ones.
- Hybrid Training: Modern day elliptical machines come with hybrid trainers that combine elliptical machines and exercise bikes. You get the best of both worlds and they serve the purpose of a dual trainer. These machines are really good and they save space as well.
- Flywheels: Flywheels help you maintain your natural momentum and ensure you are able to avoid jerks and jarring at all times. Most modern day elliptical machines come with dual direction mechanisms that allow you to switch your rotation and exercise your opposite muscles.
- Incline Adjustment: Having high-quality incline adjustment is a must for any elliptical machine. Being able to exercise comfortably is absolutely essential for you and being able to change the degree of your incline at will is a must-have feature. Good quality elliptical machines allow you to have a great variety in positioning to give yourself a highly challenging workout.
We hope our top 4 picks spread across multiple price points help you choose the right elliptical machine. These products are very best in their respective price segments and depending on your needs and budget; you can make the right call among these options. We personally tested all of the above products and they definitely lived up to our expectations.
Reasons Why You Should Use Elliptical Machines for Exercise
Are you wondering why elliptical machines are so popular among fitness enthusiasts? It’s not because of the machine outfit only. If you ask the experts in the sector of elliptical machines, they would tell you many more reasons why they love working on elliptical machines when compared to an experience of using other fitness equipment in town. Here, we have compiled the convincing reasons why you should be using more elliptical machine workouts in your schedule and even prefer them to running, walking or other intensive modes. It’s something recommended by people when you are looking for all-body workouts, you know. Shall we check out those reasons, then?
#1 Elliptical Machines Are Versatile
The best part about elliptical machines is the versatile nature and its benefits. Depending on your particular requirement, you can program an elliptical machine to mimic different types of fitness exercises. Sometimes, you may want to get the feel of walking while other situations need you to try something more intensive like climbing or running. For someone who has a non-fixed and always-improving set of fitness goals, this is a great feature indeed. As your requirements and targets go higher, you can customize the elliptical machine to take a leap. This is also one of the reasons why doctors recommend using elliptical machines if you are trying to get rid of some injuries and all. People have a tendency to get well quickly through the use of gradual fitness activities.
#2 They Offer All-Body Impact
These machines, when compared to the other options in the market, offer an extensive level of body impact. In a single workout, you can have its effects on different parts of your body, including upper and lower parts of the system. Just think about an elliptical workout. Almost all the muscles in your body are put to work while you are in the workout. This is something even the relatively intensive methods like walking or running don’t offer in the long run. It’s one of the reasons why elliptical machines are considered the best option to better flexibility and enhance the formation of your body. Another important reason to use elliptical machines is its customization options. As you can guess, there is an option to adjust the total resistance of your system and thus adjust the level of workout you are actually involved in. It covers 360 degrees of your body.
#3 Elliptical Machines Take Up Minimal Amount of Space
There was a time when you wanted to dedicate an entire room if you were interested in purchasing one or another fitness equipment for your home purpose. The case is the same for many equipments in the current market too, but elliptical machines are something really different. When compared to most of other types of machines, you don’t have to dedicate much space for the machine. Even when you are working out, the space consumption is relatively lower. Things become way too simple when you want to store the device in a safe place. Some of the best elliptical machines come with ultra-compression methods so that the machine dimensions are so small when it comes to storing it. This is a great advantage if you have minimal free space in your bedroom or hall.
#4 The Benefits of Easier Maintenance and Features
One of the common complaints people have when they use fitness machines has to deal with maintenance. Despite the easiness of usage, these machines may take up a lot of time for maintenance and set up. In the case of elliptical machines, both these aspects are in the best condition. You hardly have to dedicate time for the maintenance of your elliptical machine, provide you purchase one of the branded, reliable machines. Another aspect is the option to bring additional features. For instance, if you want to bring some kinds of entertainment, you can go for an elliptical machine that has a multi purpose control panel. At the basic level, you will find a pair of speakers on the dashboard of your elliptical machine. You can use it for music playback at least. Like these, elliptical machines let you combine workouts with something interesting too.
We do believe these reasons are enough to attract most of you into purchasing and using an elliptical machine on a regular basis. However, there are some things you need to avoid too.
Mistakes to Avoid While Using an Elliptical Machine
Here’s a small list of errors you should not commit while using an elliptical machine. Some of these may not be errors, technically per se. However, if you want to get the maximum productivity from the machine you purchased, you should stay away from these mistakes. Shall we check them out, then? We have covered them in a positive manner. So, you can consider them as some tips, rather than errors.
- You should set a standard level of resistance. Don’t even think about rowing if you can’t upgrade the resistance level from zero. As a matter of fact, there are users who set zero resistance level and start blaming the machine for not being effective. This is the first mistake to be avoided. Every single time, do make sure that the resistance level is up to your competence level and requirements.
- Customization is an important thing when it comes to effective output from elliptical machines. For those who don’t know, each machine comes to your hands after a particular level of calibration. In most cases, the machines are optimized for a person who has 150 pounds of weight. This might not be your case and the machine control panel should be optimized according to your nature & weight.
- Sticking onto a single mode of workout isn’t an awesome thing. As we start looking into actuality, it has some serious disadvantages as well. It’s okay if you are looking for serious weight loss or some other methods. Still, for your body’s flexibility and consistent health, you can choose the best level of workouts, and you can even consult a professional trainer who can make suggestions.
- Last but not the least, make sure that you are making the best use of the control panel. As you know, those panels aren’t there for just decoration purpose. If used in the right manner, you can have a lot of benefits such as entertainment, optimized suggestions of workouts and an estimate about how much calories are being lost every single day.
If you manage to get rid of these errors while using an elliptical machine, you can have huge impacts in one shorter span of time. To get all these benefits, you should also set some realistic personal goals for your own growth.
Wrap-up Elliptical Machines
Your personal fitness goals are what should drive you to make the right call. Before you purchase your first elliptical trainer you need to know the features you need and what kind of workout you want to undertake. There are plenty of bells and whistles that come in high-end elliptical trainers that you may or may not need. To reach your advanced fitness goals you want nothing but the very best that fits your budget. Make the right calls and find the right product based on your needs.
Space constraints are also something you need to consider because you do not want to cramp up space in your room and not be able to exercise freely. Find the right sized equipment for a comfortable training experience. We hope these tips and reviews help you choose the perfect elliptical machine for yourself that you can safely work out on.
Elliptical machines can help you to grow your aerobic capacity without putting a lot of impact on joints. There are more than 10 new best elliptical machines being introduced in the market by various fitness equipment companies and a lot of these new elliptical machines has some or the other innovative and advanced features. Here is the list of best elliptical machines 2018.