Recumbent bikes are the perfect bikes which works on the leg muscles while supporting the back and shoulders.
They have so many advantages over other traditional bikes but there are certain injuries such as knee pain, legs numbness or Patellofemoral pain syndrome (PFPS) which might arise if you choose any random recumbent bike from the market.
There are more than 5 recumbent bike models coming every quarter and many bikes have innovative features which you’ve never heard of. That’s why we spent hundreds of days testing these recumbent bikes and for the matter of fact, most of them sucked. But there are some of the best recumbent bikes which are ideal for any Tom, dick or harry out there.
Best Recumbent Bikes 2018 – Our Top Picks!
Recumbent Bike Reviews 2018 – Our Top Recommendations!
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
1 used from $ 449.65
- Bluetooth® connectivity, syncs with the Schwinn Trainer App and other apps for fitness tracking
- Sync with free downloadable RideSocialTM App and see the world as you virtually ride alongside friends in real time
- 29 programs: 12 profile, 9 heart rate control, 4 custom, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- High speed, high inertia drive system with a perimeter weighted flywheel for easy start up and smooth, consistent workouts
With the Schwinn® 270 Recumbent Bike, cardio workouts are anything but routine. From dozens of programs and levels of resistance to Bluetooth® connectivity and free app-based tracking tools like the RideSocial™ App, the Schwinn 270 turns cycling into a dynamic experience that yields outstanding results.
When it comes to comfort, this bike has it all. Padded seat with contoured leg area and a sliding seat system that adjusts easily for any user. The adjustable seat makes it very comfortable for riders to carry out a smooth cycling workout. The pedals are great but if you’re going by a slow pace you might feel a slight bounce back, however, once you get the momentum going it is pretty smooth. With transportable wheels in the front, it makes portability or any sort of movement very convenient and easy. The back of the unit has a low barded grab-on so if you have to move the machine, you can simply pick up the bar and move around easily with the wheels in the front.
The monitor has 4 different preset options; so you do not have to take the effort to enter your weight, height, and age every time you use it. You can just go ahead to click Person1 or Person2. So, in case you’re living with a family of four people, you can keep your personal setting, only for your personal workout. On the right side of the monitor screen, you can see your heart rate, while on the left side you can keep a track of your intensity.
The three-speed cooling (high, medium, low) fan below the monitor makes your workout session enjoyable and comfortable and no matter how tall you’re you can adjust the panels up and down.
The in-console speakers on the media shelf with iPod or MP3 media input port can make your fitness routine, no matter how long it is, a lot of fun. You can watch movies on your iPad or read a book on your Kindle while working out as the machine comes with a charging point.
The DualTrack monitor system allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedback options. This machine also comes with 29 inbuilt programs for an efficient workout session. This machine from Schwinn comes with a lot many inbuilt features that make for a smooth cycling work out like Bluetooth, heart rate monitoring, fans, and speakers. And it is definitely a value for money!
Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Bike
- Quiet magnetic resistance
- Assembled product weight 117.0 Pounds.Multi-function electronic display with scan function tracks speed, calories, heart rate, distance, and workout time
- Includes both upper hand pedals and lower foot pedals for a full body workout
- Comfortable, padded, adjustable seat. To maximize the effectiveness of your ride, work within your target heart rate zone: 70% to 85% of your maximum heart rate.
- Angled back rest for added comfort,Sturdy, steel frame
Target Your Total Body The Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Bike will take you on a more efficient, more effective ride. Engineered to broaden the traditional target of cycling, the Elite Total Body Recumbent Bike does exactly what its name declares: it works your entire body. The exercise bike also lets you drive your heart rate to peak levels - earning the metabolism-boosting benefits of a heart-thumping cardio routine. The padded seat and seatback are designed to place you in a semi-reclined position, letting you comfortably tone and strengthen all the major muscles in your hips, thighs and buttocks. For a strenuous upper-body workout, the Elite Total Body Recumbent Bike is equipped with rotating handlebars that work your arms, shoulders, and back while your hands pedal. You can also measure your progress and keep your motivation with the built-in, battery-powered electric monitor, which displays speed, calories burned, distance and heartbeats per minute. Personalized...
In addition providing a standard recumbent-bicycle aerobic and lower-body workout this bike has rotating handles so arms, shoulders, and back can be exercised as well. A heavy-weighted flywheel-resistance and belt-drive train gives ensures smooth pedaling, and tension can be adjusted to any of eight levels to increase or decrease intensity without interrupting a workout. A battery-operated monitor displays speed, distance, time, calories burned, and pulse, which is measured by sensors in handrails beside the seat. The seat and seatback are molded and padded for comfort and adjustable. Oversized foot pedals and adjustable foot straps hold feet securely to improve pulling motion while pedaling. The bike also has a water-bottle holder. Assembled (instructions included), the steel-frame bike measures 49-5/8 inches long x 23-5/8 inches wide x 48-5/8 inches high and weighs 117 pounds. About Recumbent Exercise Bikes Despite the competition from trendy new fitness inventions, exercise...
The Stamina Elite boasts of comfortable pedals for the hands as well as feet offering a complete workout for your entire body with an impact but impressive resistance. You can pedal using the rotating handlebars to turn your upper body, working your arms, shoulders, and back.
Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Bike has 8-levels of quiet magnetic resistance with the availability to increase your decrease your intensity without interrupting your workout. With 8-levels to choose from, your workout routine can vary every day.
You can use the multi-function electronic monitor to keep you motivated and on track. The battery-operated electronic monitor measures speed, calories burnt, distance, pulse, heart rate, workout time, and scans. It has an inbuilt pulsometer too. The pulse sensors located in the stationary handles will take your pulse to display on the electronic monitor.
Exercising on the Stamina Elite bike is extremely comfortable and is highly recommended for users who wish to work on raising their metabolism. It’s low-impact but impressive resistance and it is easy on the joints makes it recommendable to certain physical therapy patients too. Like we had mentioned earlier, that a very important point to consider while buying a recumbent bike is that it should be well padded and have lumbar support, well, you have both the features in this machine along with the cushioned seat.
Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
5 used from $ 36.16
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN - Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is created easier for the knees and back.
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS - This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level! EASY-TO-
- READ COMPUTER SCREEN - The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as an odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SEAT - The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable high-density foam. It features contoured foam-covered handles for extra support of the back and arms to help maintain proper form when exercising.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS - Weighted pedals designed to provide maximal foot support while offering ultimate control. This bike is equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your feet.
Whether you want to boost your cardiovascular endurance or shed pounds, the Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike is the perfect workout equipment to add to your home gym! Save on gym memberships and make your abode into your new favorite workout place with this exercise bike. Shed weight and gain muscles by engaging in a full-body workout in your own home! Made of premium 14-gauge steel tubing, PVC, and rubber, the workout bike has a high-quality structure that combines design and performance with a powder coated finish. Sturdy enough to resist scratches, chips, and damages from the environment, ensuring that it will withstand heavy daily use. The specially designed seat with contoured handles facilitates proper body form allowing your body to conform precisely to the equipment, helping your workout take maximum effect on your target areas. The step through design is created so that it is easier on the knees and back. This stationary bike also uses a magnetic resistance system featuring...
The Marcy ME 709 has a step-through frame, which makes it easy to step on and off the recumbent bike; even an elderly person can easily step on and off the bike especially if the handlebars are used for balance.
This bike also has a large LCD console, which shows your workout data mainly your speed for each session, distance covered, time and calories burnt. Each user can set the display in two ways namely rotate the information or set it to a single option.
The pedals are counterbalanced with adjustable foot straps, which means that you can spend more than an hour enjoying the workout. The counterbalanced pedals with adjustable straps create a low impact pressure on the joints. The oversized seat makes for a comfortable workout routine and can be adjusted to accommodate your body size. The legs can also be rotated either forward or backward does allow for riding in any direction, as well as allowing for appropriate adjustments depending on your height. This means that you can also adjust the distance between the pedals and your seat for more comfort.
One of the most important benefits of using the Marcy ME 709 is the opportunity to adjust the resistance levels based on your fitness goals, physical condition and personal mood for the day. It also boasts of an easily adjust tension-tightening knob serving for different fitness levels. The Marcy ME 709 has a compact design with adjustable levels of resistance, a durable frame, and an informative display all of which contributes to its popularity among fitness fans as well as personal trainers.
Diamondback 510SR Fitness Recumbent Bike
- Recumbent Exercise bike with 20 workout programs including target heart rate and 16 levels of resistance
- LCD display with real-time feedback, QuickSet program keys, and scrolling message center
- Integrated speaker system with mp3 connectivity; foldout magazine rack; adjustable cooling fan; cup holder
- Sculptured seat base and back; adjustable console and arm rest; smooth and quiet frictionless eddy current braking system
- Warranties: frame and brake--lifetime limited; parts and electronics--3 years; labor--1 year; wear items--90 days
With 16 increments of resistance, the Diamondback 510SR allows you to gradually increase your fitness intensity, and with 20 workout programs you're sure to find the pace that's right for you. Watch your calories burn away with real-time feedback on Diamondback's brilliant blue LCD electronic display or tilt the display down to watch your home television without straining your neck. With Diamondback's standard, solid steel magnetic flywheel and steel-crafted components, the Diamondback 510SR is the recumbent bike that's built to last. The Diamondback 510SR's sculptured seat base and ventilated back are designed to have numerous adjustment settings, allowing multiple users the ease of interchangeable access with targeted lower back support. The Diamondback 510SR was also designed to have a minimal footprint in your home with the dimensions of 50'' H x 64'' W x 23'' D. Want to listen to your favorite tunes while you sweat? The Diamondback 510SR's headphone jack allows you to play...
The award winning Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise delivers an exceptional workout of any level while sitting down. With a sculptured seat base and back rest, the 510Sr takes the pressure off the back and reduces jarring impact to the joints while delivering extremely effective aerobic exercise. The 510Sr delivers a proven, low-impact workout even for people recovering from joint injuries, chronic pain, or looking to get their heart rate up safely during pregnancy. Features that take the Diamondback 510Sr Recumbent a cut above the competition include: 20 workout programs and 16 levels of resistance; easy to read and operate LCD display with QuickSet programming; adjustable console and handlebar angles; full-service media center with speakers; and ultra-quiet operation thanks to its smooth and quiet frictionless eddy current braking system. Given a "Head of the Class" award from Fitness Professor Review and backed by comprehensive warranties, you can't go wrong with the...
The 510SR has a solid endurable frame and its heavy weight makes the product stable. With a good design and a comfortable sculptured seat base and ventilated back, this bike comes with a smooth and quite frictionless eddy current braking. The backrest can be adjusted according to your height that can hardly be found in other recumbent bikes.
An LCD display provides real-time feedback and is designed to minimize back stress, and is very quiet even when using high resistance. It has added features of an integrated speaker system for music connectivity and can be connected to an iPod or MP3 player. The 510SR features a scrolling message display, a multi-directional cooling fan, and a convenient beverage holder.
Foldout magazine rack and a cup holder are also installed in the equipment so you can enjoy your riding routine like a boss! This will make your workout, not just a need or a habit but a pleasure. The QuickSet programs not just makes altering resistance levels an easy task but also helps in accessing the menu in a fleet of a second.
With features like a magazine rack, a cup holder, a cooling fan, a backlit LCD display providing real-time feedback, an auxiliary music source input the Diamondback 910SR is an excellent value for money product that you will not regret buying. It takes the pressure of the back and upper body while delivering an extremely effective workout for the lower half. It is ideal for everyone from beginner to fitness fanatics.
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
- Dual track two LCD window system allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks
- Schwinn Connect goal tracking and data export keep you up to date on reaching your fitness goals
- 22 programs, 2 user settings and goal tracking are all there to keep you motivated and challenged
- 20 levels of resistance aligned with a high speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel make every workout smooth and quiet
- Charging USB port and data exchange
schwinnv3schwinn Introducing the New 2013 Schwinn Line An iconic American brand with a long history of innovation, Schwinn® continues to develop products for healthy, active lifestyles. The new Schwinn cardio line consists of a family of upright and recumbent bikes and ellipticals. The product line features an updated Schwinn DualTrack™ LCD display and goal tracking functionality to set and track time, distance, and calories. These workout metrics can be uploaded via a USB thumb drive to the SchwinnConnect™ website for weekly, monthly, and yearly tracking of progress. It is also compatible with MyFitnessPal. Additionally, the console’s USB port can be used to charge your smartphone, tablet or other media device while working out so you don’t have to worry about draining your battery. The Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike delivers a challenging workout in a relaxed position with increased lower back support. Its vented contoured seat adjusts in the fore/aft positions...
With 22 built-in programs coming with 2 user settings and a goal tracking, the Schwinn 230 dual LCD window system gives 13 display feedbacks. There are 10 resistance quick keys for increasing or decreasing difficulty and has a weight capacity of up to 300lbs.
This recumbent bike delivers a challenging workout in a relaxed position with increased lower back support. It’s vented contoured seat adjusts in the fore/aft positions with sliding seat rail to accommodate a variety of positions for multiple users. This relaxed body positioning and lower-back support let you ride in maximum comfort.
The Schwinn 230 also features a new oversized console that makes tracking your progress easier than ever. Schwinn Connect goal tracking and data export keep you aware of your progress as you focus on your fitness goals. It’s large vented seat back with lumbar support for lumbar support and cooling make your workout effective and comfortable. Further, its slider seat rail system has an easy to operate leveler system.
With 22 workout programs, 9-course profiles, 20 resistance levels, a high-speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel, in-console speakers USB charging port, media rack and contact heart rate monitoring built into the handlebars this riding machine can be an excellent purchase.
It easily folds to half of the full size for storage and transportation purpose. Further, the leg stabilizer ensures safe operation. The bike also includes an 8 level magnetic tension control system so you can find the right resistance for your training goals. Turning the knob just below the console can set the amount of resistance you desire for your workout. It has a 3-piece high torque crank system that provides for a smooth, quiet and consistent peddling motion. The bike has a V-belt double-drive transmission system.
The 400XL is space efficient with its large seat cushion and backrest that provides for a comfortable riding session, further making it easy to use for users prone to back pain or troublesome aches. The handlebars coated on either side of your seat includes pulse sensors which when you grip for keeping a check on your heart rate during your workout. The larger pedal design with safety straps prevents any foot slippage when exercising. Extended leg stabilizers prevent any movement or tripping.
Its precision balanced flywheel and V-belt double-drive transmission provide you a smooth and quiet operation. You can watch TV or listen to music while working out with no interference. It is designed to give you comfort and safety while exercising. The Exerpeutic 400Xl Recumbent Bike comes packed with features yet is easy to use and store.
The peddling system comes with a 3-piece exo-crank system with adjustable pedal straps. The seating area is adjustable to accommodate a variety of user heights. Along the seating area, the user will find wrapped handlebars for stability, which also features convenient heart rate monitors integrated right into the handles.
Other significant features of the Velocity CHB R2101 include a large easy-to-read digital LCD display monitor. The monitor functions include time, speed, RPM, distance covered, calories burnt and heart rate.
The oversized resistance knob allows you to choose from 8 variant levels of resistance. It also comes with 2 small transport wheels for easy movement and transport.
Recumbent Bike Buyer’s Guide
However, there are a couple of more things that you need to keep in mind before buying an ideal recumbent bike for your daily workouts. These little things that most buyers miss make a big difference in your workout. To help you get a better bike, here are the 3 things you should know that many buyers miss:
- Bike Seat: You would probably want a bike seat that is well padded and provides lumbar support. It should also be easily adjustable forward and backward. Also, consider the material at the back of the seat. Some bikes also offer a mesh back seat. This lets air circulate to your back as you cycle – so you stay cooler. If you tend to sweat heavily, or just work out heavily, you might want to get a mesh back instead of a solid back seat.
- Foot Pedal Straps: This is another significant point that most buyers tend to miss. A lot of cheap bikes don’t give you straps to anchor your feet to the pedals. A recumbent bike without straps may cause your feet to slip off in the heat of your workout. So make sure you get a bike with straps included to keep your feet on the pedals.
- Backlit Consoles: Again, several cheaply made bikes do not come with backlit consoles, so you’ll be straining to read the console as you pedal. To save your strain on your neck, make sure your bike console is backlit and easy to read.
While recumbent bikes are very popular in gyms and fitness clubs, they can help you get an excellent workout at home as well. So here are our top four picks for you to suit the needs for your home fitness.
How To Use Recumbent Bike Effectively?
You might have already bought or have decided to buy one of the best recumbent bikes from the market. It is now time to think about something else, though. How are you going to utilize the recumbent bike in such a way that you get the best level of fitness? Of course, you always have that option to rush to the trainer or physician and ask for some doubt. However, many a time, you don’t need to bring the concept into the scene itself. That is, there are a few essential tips that can help you get the maximum productivity from the recumbent bike you have, provided that you have an effective machine with you.
Just keep in mind that not all of you will need all the steps. Before you confirm, ask yourself if you I did this earlier. If that’s okay with you, we can just go to the list of things to get the perfect workout from the latest recumbent bike you just bought.
- The first step is to make sure that seating arrangements for your recumbent bikes are perfect. It must be in accordance with your height, comfort and the way you feel things. If you have arranged a seat in the right manner, that can have a huge positive impact on the recumbent bike workouts you might be performing. You can always give importance to the standard concept while biking, but it’s up to you to focus on personal comfort.
- Most of you might be getting onto the recumbent bike and starting the exercise, right? This is one of the worst things you could possibly do in the whole sphere of fitness. The consequences may lead to serious injuries too. So, the best option is to make sure that you take a satisfactory warm-up session before you jump into the actual workout. Obviously, the warm-up session too should be done on the bike, although external workout sessions are optional. But, this thing is a must for sure.
- This mind sounds as something not really important, but maintaining the proper form during workouts is something crucial for your own good. The first thing is that you can get rid of accidents and usual injuries. Also, once you get used to the best form for yourself, it’s going to be a huge boost for your comfort and suitable plan.
- As with the case of almost every fitness device, the recumbent device should be running with the right amount of resistance. Even the slightest change in resistance can cause changes in the total biking experience that you get. So, the idea is to try out different levels of resistance and choose the most appropriate one. At some point, if you are healthy and have some higher fitness goal, you will be able to increase the resistance and move along with the plans.
- To decrease the mental impact and prevent the over impact on muscles, it’s an approved way to do something alongside while biking on the recumbent bike. Some of the machines would be coming with some additional entertainment equipment, probably attached to the control panel. Personally speaking, we always try to listen to soothing music while biking and that has been impressive so far.
These steps, if used in the perfect order and with a sense of your requirement in mind, can help you lots of times in the course of time. We already know that recumbent bikes are quite a satisfactory machine for healthy workouts. As much as the cycling process, the way you do cycling also matters in the end.
Advantages of Using Recumbent Bike at Home
If you are still wondering why you should try recumbent bikes, we have gathered some reasons that may amaze you. These were the same reasons why this type of fitness machines became a huge success in a shorter span of time. Shall we check them out?
Safety and Comfort
These are perhaps the major reasons why a lot of people are falling into the huge world of recumbent bikes and related exercises. When compared to the traditional modes of exercises you have seen, the chances of injuries are way too low. Also, the machine is developed in such a way that you get the best level of performance and comfort in the end. Even if you spend more than minutes in the recumbent cycling workouts, you won’t face much trouble. It also matters the type of bike you are using. If you choose the bad-quality one, there will be some issues for sure.
Weight Management Made Easy
Another noticeable point on the recumbent bike is the advantage for managing your weight in an extensive manner. We need to thank the overall nature of workout that you get while cycling. An equal amount of impact is given to the different areas of your body, including muscles, thighs, and buttocks as well. That is, even if the time of the workout is low, you can observe an impressive amount of weight loss. This is something, given that recumbent bike doesn’t really have a negative impact on your body’s health.
Recumbent bikes offer some advantages because you’re getting cardiovascular from the machines. There is a common issue people face when they are supposed to engage in some cardiovascular exercises. In the conventional sphere of fitness, most of these are said to be dangerous and seem to consume a lot of resources from the person. When you are under rehab or something, it is not a good thing at all. That’s when recumbent bikes enter the stage, giving you all the benefits of comfort along with result in terms of fitness.
Easy to Manage
This is another adjective commonly used with recumbent bike machines. Although they do come up with electronic accessories for analyzing and getting the best results, a newbie will not have any issues in setting up or getting started with such bikes. And, we are saying this for the last time, this is way better than real cycling or walking.
Don’t you think that Recumbent Bikes have something innovative to offer, given that you choose one of the best bikes ever? We think you have, but it’s about the fitness goals you have at the end.
We hope our search for the top seven picks of the Recumbent Bikes has helped you in deciding on this effective purchase. A Recumbent Bike is an excellent choice for your cardiovascular health improvement and your daily workout routine. Exercise bikes have been around as means of exercise for many years from now. Most of the people prefer exercising on exercise bikes in the gym or at home to match up their weight loss, body shaping, and cardio fitness goals.
Having come with the sculptured bucket seat, recumbent bikes allow you to sit back comfortably and pedal on the ground with their lowered seat almost in line with the pedals. Therefore a trainer can sit back and work out efficiently on a recumbent bike without any stiff back or saddle soaring problems. So needless to mention, they are excellent for people with back problems as the seats are typically wider and provide support with little pressure on the bike while riding.
These fitness bikes are easy enough for even the most sedentary beginners, and they usually offer fitness programs that keep the workout from becoming mundane.
Let us give you a quick tip! The best way to get the maximum benefit out of a workout on a recumbent bike is by going in intervals. Interval training with alternate intense bouts of an activity with less-intense sequences will help you get the best workout benefit. With all of these user-friendly characteristics it still goes on to give you an excellent cardio workout routine and undoubtedly they are the safest workout best recumbent bike you’ll ever find.
Top 5 Best Recumbent Bikes for Home and Commercial Use
Choosing a right recumbent bike can be difficult as there are hundreds of models available in the market and no one models fits all need. We have reviewed all top-notch recumbent bike models out there and rated them according to various factors such as build quality, resistance level and price. Check out these reviews of recumbent bikes and choose the right bike for you.